TMT Steel bars and its eminence in construction!
TMT international abbreviation stands for Thermo Mechanical Treatment. Thermo Mechanical Therapy, quenching, self-tempera Turing, and atmospheric cooling are the procedures used to create TMT steel bars of the highest grade. Due to its suitability for all types of construction projects, TMT Steel bars have begun to play a significant role in the construction sector.
Difference between TMT steel bars and normal regular steel bars!When we do a comparison between TMT Steel bars and regular steel bars, we can easily understand that the extra treatment given to the steel makes it better in weldability, ductility and durability. The quality of TMT steel bars is superior to all the other types of bars available in the market and hence becomes the perfect choice for constructing concrete structures.
Though we got to know that TMT steel bars are the best choice of steel bars for construction, there arises a question regarding the quality of the TMT steel bar. Let’s find out and learn more about the TMT steel bars and about its quality below.
TMT Steel Bars and the tests to be conducted to check its quality.
1. Flexibility and Endurance:The TMT bars you select must be durable, strong and flexible so they can be bent to your specifications during construction.
2. Stress Test:The material will bend elastically up to the yield point before resuming its original shape once the force is relieved. The material can be broadly divided into two categories, brittle and ductile. Steel and aluminum typically fail to perform as expected when categorized as ductile materials. On the other hand, brittle materials like glass and cast-iron fall into this category. The stress-strain curve can ultimately be used to compare the two major components at the same time.
3. Run using mass per meter method:Samples should be taken from a few bundles that are at least 4 bars long and 1 metre long. The length of each of the cut bars should be measured approximately across at least four sides. Then, enter the results in the register after weighing the bar on the scale. For every metre of the bar, determine the real average weight of at least three samples. One might compare the outcome to the ideal value specified in IS 1786. Verify that the weight variance falls within the range allowed by the IS standards.
4. Chemical Configuration:The 26 elements that make up the TMT bar are subjected to chemical composition testing in a spectrometer.
5. Bend Assessment and Rebend Assessment:Check if the steel bar fractures or shatters by bending it 180 degrees. If the bar breaks, the bar's quality is not ideal. Watch how the rebar responds after bending the bar at a 135-degree angle. The bar must bend without cracking as a result in the rebend test.
The quality of TMT Steel Bars can be determined using a few of the standard tests listed above. It is not required to carry out all of the quality checks; just three are sufficient. Some of the other tests that can be done to check the bars are Rib assessment, Tensile assessment. One important factor to consider here is that the steel bars need to be ISO and BIS approved.